Assistant Director of Regeneration
Share this role
- Circa £95k
- Closing Date:
- 9am on Thursday 7th March 2024
- Job Ref:
bpha has a strong reputation in the social housing sector, with a turnover of £171m, managing over 19,500 homes and employing 500 staff. Most of our activities are centred around Bedford, Milton Keynes and Cambridge. We have a reputation for delivering high quality, value for money services for customers and we develop energy-efficient, sustainable, and affordable housing which is fit for the future.
We are also clear in our ambition to help build and grow communities where people can live happily in a home they can afford. This is a vital, rewarding and challenging agenda and we are looking for a new Assistant Director of Regeneration to lead on our regeneration programme and ensure we fulfil our ambitions.
Reporting to our Executive Director of Development & Sales, this is an instrumental role which will lead our ambitious neighbourhood-based regeneration activities. Alongside our development programme, our regeneration plans are continuing at pace, including a Bedford Town Centre scheme which will deliver around 500 new homes, including over 200 high quality re-provided affordable homes for our existing customers.
With a focus on improving quality of place and delivering new homes, this role will work collaboratively across bpha and with our key stakeholders to ensure that bpha has an integrated approach to achieve physical and social regeneration.
We are looking for candidates with a strong understanding of the role of regeneration with experience of delivering major programmes which meet community needs. This includes a strong understanding of the many facets of regeneration, including community and stakeholder engagement, planning, options appraisals, financial modelling, technical due diligence and procurement.
A strong influencer and communicator, you’ll bring a positive track record of engaging with customers and other key stakeholders to shape and secure the long-term sustainable future of the communities we serve.
For a confidential discussion, contact our advising consultant at GatenbySanderson, Simon Wing on 07809 195 628, Ellie Masters-Gregory on 07867 455 223 or Duncan Collins on 07586 705475.
Closing date: 9am on Thursday 7th March 2024
How to Apply
- Please submit your CV along with a Supporting Statement addressing the person specification criteria, evidencing how you meet the criteria.
- Detail any employment or education gaps.
- Be ready to provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees; one should be your current or most recent employer. Referees will be contacted for those proceeding to final stages. We will always gain your permission before we contact referees.
- Let us know any difficulty you may have with the indicative timetable.
- Check that your contact details are correct before you submit.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email confirmation. If you do not receive, please email firstname.lastname@example.org